- 1 1/2 quarts spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese or cottage cheese depending on preference
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 3/4 Cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Mix carrots, oregano, and spaghetti sauce together. Spread 1/2 of sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
In a separate bowl, mix Ricotta, spinach, and eggs together.
Layer half of lasagna noodles over spaghetti sauce, spread ½ Ricotta mixture over noodles, layer ½ sliced zucchini alternating with 1/2 of yellow squash, ½ of the sliced mushrooms. Cover with ½ of the Mozzarella, and ½ of the Parmesan.
Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.